What’s the most common word you hear when it comes to a healthy lifestyle?
What does it mean?
At its simplest, it means eliminating waste from your body!
You might wonder from where is this waste coming in your body or Is it really there when you have been eating healthy already? Toxins come from everyday things we use.
What happens when all these chemicals and toxins enter your body?
It is processed by our liver! Our liver takes much of the burden of dealing with this chemical attack daily.
Our liver functions like an engine to filter out all dirt and chemicals from our body and in doing so our liver itself becomes embedded with so much dirt.
These toxins would normally not be much of a problem for a healthy liver, but stress, poor eating habits, lack of vital nutrients, and a busy lifestyle all affect the efficiency of the liver to carry out all its functions properly.
Hence, we need DETOXIFICATION!!!
How exactly does DETOXIFICATION work?
By removing excess toxins from the liver, reformatting the liver forcing it to flush out toxins.
Benefits of DETOXIFICATION:
1. Helps with long-term weight management by promoting healthy habits.
2. Increases energy levels.
3. Reduces allergies and build Immunity.
4. Improves digestion and reduces inflammation.
5. Helps to get better sleep and improves mood.
6. Positive energy.
How to DETOX
You can detoxify your body with simple diet and lifestyle changes and practices:
- Avoid Processed Foods: Stay away from processed foods that contain artificial flavorings, preservatives, additives and do not contribute to our health. There is added sugar and salt in them to make them last longer and taste the same. Nutrients and fibers are lost in the manufacturing process.
- Increase Fiber: In order to remove toxins from your body, you need to ensure you are eating enough fiber. Your diet should be around 80% fruits and vegetables. Eat as much as you can of green vegetables, including broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, onions, garlic, kale, mixed greens. The fruits that are the most helpful are those that are very colorful: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- Drink enough water: To flush out toxins from your system, you need enough water of course. Drink enough water to keep your urine clear or light-straw-color. It is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water every day.
- Sleep more: Detoxification of the brain called the glymphatic system occurs during the sleep cycle. Getting insufficient sleep impairs the glymphatic system causing toxin build-up and damaging the central nervous system. A restful night’s sleep also prevents mood swings and irritability.
- Embrace exercise: Just 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day can help work your sweat glands and release harmful toxins out of the body. Tiring the body out can also help a restful nights sleep. It also boosts blood circulation which serves as one of the important carrier systems of detoxification.
- Include Probiotic: Probiotic contain healthy, good and friendly bacteria that help kill bad bacteria in your gut and thus support healthy gastrointestinal function.
- Use herbs and spices: Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Lemongrass & Rose Petal concoctions such as Gulkand, ginger, turmeric, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Tulsi, bitter gourd, etc put your intestines on the fast track to recovery whilst strengthening the immune system and digestive system.
- Meditation and deep breathing exercises: Lastly, the most underrated way to detox is mental health. A few short minutes of meditation & deep breathing and other mindful practices a day can reduce anxiety, depression and other complications.
When you protect your liver and other detox organs, you protect all organs and you protect yourself from many health diseases, viruses, and allergens.
If you need any help, a Coach or a Friendly Guide, feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll always be there for you.